Tuesday, March 04, 2008

[Organise it] The 5 minutes that will change your life

Hi everybody


I love the start of a new month – it’s like a lovely, fresh, blank piece of paper just waiting to be written on.

I exceeded many of my goals for February which always makes me happy ;) and I’m eager to do the same (or better) in March. One of my main goals is to get all the planning out of the way for our upcoming trip to the UK in May. Suzanne and I keep emailing each other our progress - we are going to have such fun!

So many people write to me saying, “I wish you lived here in ______ because I’d love you to come talk to my women’s group/ church group/ business group" and so ………

I have good – no, GREAT – news for you!

SKYPECASTS!!!

No matter where in the world you are, you can attend one of my talks. In fact, I’m hosting a Skypecast next Thursday 13th and I’d love you to be there. All you need is an internet connection! If you want to talk and ask questions, you’ll need a microphone too.

And best of all, you can sit in your pyjamas and paint your nails while you listen in ;)

Go here to read more and to get your handout
http://tinyurl.com/yrmjd5


HELP! I NEED MORE TIME
(a step-by-step guide for busy people who want to FINALLY take control of their lives)

Check it out here: http://helpineedmoretime.blogspot.com/

If you get "Help! I need more time", I'll throw in ANOTHER book, "How to set and achieve your goals", for f-r-e-e. But only until this Friday, 7 March.

Many of you have already taken me up on my offer so well done for taking action towards your goals!

By the way, you won't see this offer mentioned on the link above because it's only available to YOU, and not to the general public! Don't miss out.


HOW TO BE A PROFESSIONAL ORGANISER - group coaching programme

Are you passionate about organising?
Do you want to turn your uber-organising skills into a business?

The PO group coaching programme is just for you and starts on 20 March.

You can check it the details and reserve your place here:
http://tinyurl.com/2gzulg


Finally, enjoy this week's article on the 5 minutes that will change your life.



THIS WEEK'S ARTICLE
THE 5 MINUTES THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE – REALLY!


How would you like to start every day off on the right foot?

Wouldn’t you like to feel a sense of excitement as you start your day?

You CAN if you do something for just 5 minutes a day.

This is not some crazy statement – it really is true. I promise ;)

If you spend 5 minutes every evening (or at the end of every day) planning the next day, your life will dramatically change.


SO WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?



1. GRAB A NOTEBOOK OR MY EAT THE FROG FORM (http://takechargesolutions.org/downloads.html)

The point is to have something to capture your thoughts.


2. ASK YOURSELF ONE OF THESE IMPORTANT QUESTIONS

* Which 3 – 5 things, when accomplished, will move me towards my goals?
* What is the best use of my time tomorrow?

I expand much more on this subject in Help! I need more time at http://helpineedmoretime.blogspot.com/


3. THINK EFFECTIVE, NOT BUSY

Busy means you’re doing lots of things. Effective means you’re doing the RIGHT things.

E.g. Yesterday, after I downloaded email, I had two choices – keep BUSY by reading newsletters and replying to all my blog comments & personal emails, or be EFFECTIVE by responding to a journalist who wants to interview me, and write this newsletter.

Guess which I chose to do? ;)


4. NOW WRITE DOWN NO MORE THAN 6 TASKS

Mary Kay, one of the world’s most successful businesswomen, said that the secret of her success was to only tackle 6 tasks a day. If it’s good enough for her, it’s good enough for me ;)

I actually showed a client my own planner a few weeks ago. When I think I’m Superwoman and put down more than 6 tasks, I never get them all done. But when I put 5 or 6 tasks on my list, I get them all done.

Did you know you can spend a half day with me in my own office on an Organising Intensive? I show you exactly how I set up my own business systems and we go through all the computer and email tricks you could possibly imagine. *email me if you’re keen*


5. NUMBER THEM IN ORDER OF PRIORITY

Only now (in step 5) do you number them. Don’t try and number them before you get them down – you might get stuck in analysis paralysis ;)

You’ll hit the ground running the next day when you start on number 1 and move through your list until you complete number 6.

Now you can relax and enjoy your evening.

Have a productive week!


Love and (organising) success
Marcia Francois



P.S. Don't forget to check out "Help! I need more time" at http://helpineedmoretime.blogspot.com/

P.P.S. If you know someone who would enjoy this article, please invite them to subscribe so that they don't miss out on future articles ;) thanks so much :)

P.P.P.S Will I “see” you on the Skypecast?

No comments: