Tuesday, March 11, 2008

[Organise it] Organise your home office today

Hi everybody


I’ve had a FABULOUS week since I last wrote to you – new clients, lots of book sales ;) and a GREAT coaching call with my own coach.

I hope you’re also keeping track of YOUR business and personal successes. If not, here are the forms for download (I use these same ones every week):
http://takechargesolutions.org/bus.pdf
http://takechargesolutions.org/pers.pdf

One of my goals for the year is “3 speaking engagements every month” and after tomorrow night, I can cross another one off my to-do list ;)


SKYPECAST
Are you joining me tomorrow to hear the 7 THINGS YOU MUST DO TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS?

I'd love you to be on the call. All you need is an internet connection and if you want to talk and ask questions, a microphone too ;)


*****IMPORTANT*****
I am bringing the call time in South Africa forward by ONE HOUR because of daylight savings time!!!
That’s 7PM South Africa time/ 1PM New York time (Eastern Standard Time)

Please check out the time on YOUR side of the world – this is the link to the World Clock site
http://tinyurl.com/35tk9l

You can read more and get your handout here, and I’ll “see” you on the call tomorrow!
http://tinyurl.com/yrmjd5


GIVE YOURSELVES A HAND ;)

I want to applaud you for stepping up and taking back your time. That really is awesome since we all know that successful people TAKE ACTION ;)


HELP! I Need More Time
(a step-by-step guide for busy people who want to FINALLY take control of their lives)

Check it out here: http://helpineedmoretime.blogspot.com


HOW TO BE A PROFESSIONAL ORGANISER - group coaching programme

Are you passionate about organising?
Do you want to turn your uber-organising skills into a business?

The PO group coaching programme is just for you and starts on 20 March. This is the ONLY time this programme will be offered at this pri.ce – you have my word on it!

You can check it the details and reserve your place here:
http://tinyurl.com/2gzulg


I found out that yesterday was Organise your Home Office Day. Isn’t that fun?!

This week’s article is dedicated to organising YOUR home office. If you don’t have a home office, then apply the tips to your desk, okay?

Enjoy the article!



THIS WEEK'S ARTICLE
3 QUICK WAYS TO ORGANISE YOUR HOME OFFICE


It’s hard to be productive when your space is not only a mess, but also disorganised.

60% of people are visual (I am too!) so clutter and “stuff” strewn all over the place will just drive you up the wall!

Before we start, let’s get ready:

(a) put on some upbeat music (not slow love songs – fast music!)
(b) make sure you have a BIG wastepaper basket
(c) get another plastic basket for items that belong in another room


SO WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?


1. BACK UP YOUR FILES

Do NOT open your email programme before you start or you’ll get sidetracked!

DO put a recurring reminder in Outlook to do this on a monthly basis, or sooner.

Remember last year when I lost EVERYTHING on my flash drive? It only translated to about 2 hours’ work because I’d backed up my computer a few weeks before that.

Now, while your computer is backing up…


2. CLEAN OFF YOUR DESK

You can do this in 30 seconds (that’s why you have the upbeat music). Yes, really. Play a game with yourself and say, “by the end of this song, my desk is going to be clean”. Works for me ;)

Put all items belonging in another room in the plastic basket. Don’t go to the actual room to put away – you’ll get sidetracked!

Throw any cooldrink cans, sweet papers, etc. in the wastepaper basket. Put all the little notes inside your desk notebook (you do have ONE desk notebook, don’t you?) and set to one side.

If you don’t use the item on a DAILY basis, it shouldn’t be on your desk. By the same token, if you use something every day, make a place for it within arm’s reach.

E.g. My headset for Skype calls is on a hook on the wall above my desk – near enough that I can just reach for it, but not taking up valuable real estate on the desk.

See? 30 seconds and you’re done!

I *do* know this is the Quick & Easy – if you want ALL the detail, check out 7 easy steps to organise your office at http://takechargesolutions.org/oyo.html


3. SORT OUT THE PAPER

Take out the desk notebook. I use a spiral-bound notebook with a lovely, bright yellow and lime-green cover because it makes me happy to write my notes in a beautiful notebook ;)

Write down all those bits and pieces – your internet provider’s helpline, website addresses, people to look up on Facebook, etc.

Throw away all the junk mail and paper you don’t need (and take it to your recycling bag later).

Put all the filing in ONE pile – you can do this in front of the TV later!


Now doesn’t that feel better? A nice, neat and organised office!

Did you know you can spend a half day with me in my own office on a Business Organising Intensive? I show you exactly how I set up my own business systems and we go through all the computer and email tricks you could possibly imagine. *email me if you're keen*

Be sure to set aside 5 minutes a day to keep your home office organised.

Have a productive week!

Love and (organising) success
Marcia Francois



P.S. Don't forget to check out "Help! I need more time" at http://helpineedmoretime.blogspot.com/

P.P.S Calling all wannabe professional organisers. Check out http://tinyurl.com/2gzulg

P.P.P.S See you tomorrow on the Skypecast. Read more and get your handout at
http://tinyurl.com/yrmjd5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.