Saturday, April 01, 2006

March - Setting good habits

This month’s theme is SETTING GOOD HABITS

Inspirational quotes
· We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit. – Aristotle
· The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine. - Mike Murdock
· The door of opportunity won’t open unless you do some pushing. - Unknown


Habits are actions we perform continually until they become routines. When they become routines, we don’t even have to think about them anymore. When we were first learning to brush our teeth as children, at first we had to really concentrate to get it right. Soon, because we did it daily, it became a routine and is (hopefully) now second nature.
The key is to build up a series of good habits that you automatically do without having to really work at them. My voicemail message on my phone says, “successful people do what unsuccessful people are not prepared to do”. I get a lot of interesting comments from people phoning me and that’s good because I want people to start realising the truth of it – successful people create many good habits in their lives that unsuccessful people don’t have the discipline to do. Ouch! I know that’s tough – I’m talking to me too. I have some good habits like goal-setting, financial, time management but two really bad habits (reading too much and going to bed too late, and not being consistent with a healthy eating plan).

So! I have decided to join Weigh-Less tomorrow where I will create some good eating habits and in so doing, lose a couple of kilos.

What good habit will you commit to do this month? Go to the blog and let me know by posting your comments. I’m also going to post some feedback every week to let you know how I’m doing, and I encourage you to do the same. It will be good to have a whole community of like-minded people.

Let’s do this together!

Recommended reading on this topic: Today matters – John C Maxwell


(c) Marcia Francois
Do you want to use this article? You may, as long as you include this complete bio with it: Marcia Francois, the Take Charge coach and professional organiser, coaches people to reach their goals and maximise their potential. She publishes the popular “Take charge of your life” monthly ezine. If you're ready to finally live your dream life, get your FREE subscription now at http://www.takechargesolutions.org/

No comments: